This Topic
survival66

[Série] True Detective

On peut s'attendre à une fin classique. Après c'est le problème du net, chaque détail est scruté et ça spoil sur les forums, je suis un peu déçu d'avoir vu celui avec le jardinier qui me gâche l'effet de surprise sur ce dernier épisode. Et même dans le cas où les scénaristes voudraient faire une intrigue compliquée je pense qu'elle serait révélée donc leur idée de créer des fausses pistes pour finalement un dénouement normal est plutôt pas mal.

Quelqu'un peut m'expliquer pourquoi la femme de Marty viens voir Rust? ça a pas de sens ou alors c'est une bonne grosse biatch.

Morceaux choisis des théories ou remarques sur ce dernier épisode trouvé sur reddit et notamment la symbolique de la dernière scène :

-"I take care of places like cemetery, public schools." I pick them up from schools and leave them at the cemetery.

-I mean, what better place to hide bodies than a cemetery.

-We have the Lawnmower man (Errol) mowing grass in an inward fashion, nearly finished. We have a passing boat on the river, possibly a call-back to Marty and Cohle now on the other boat heading one direction. And finally we have the two new detectives driving the opposite direction away from the lawnmower man.
Either it's something about all 4 detectives closing in on Errol, or how all 4 are so close that it's right under their noses but they aren't seeing it, or it's something about the whole "life is a flat circle" talk.
THERE HAS TO BE SOME GODDAMN SYMBOLISM IN THERE I KNOW IT.
Edit: To clarify a bit....the boat seems to be heading Souteast while the new detectives are heading Northwest (they are already heading North and then Errol tells them to take the first left = West) completing the detectives "circle". While Errol himself is finishing his own "circle" in the lawnmower pattern.

-The boat is The Yellow King. I'm certain of it. Owned by Tuttles. Used in child trafficking. Up and down the bayous. Collecting kids for sex slaves.
-The mowing pattern is a flat circle.

-Not sure about symbolism, but I liked the pseudo-callback to episode 2 or 3 when Rust first talks to Errol. He was reluctant to leave the school right away (Marty asks himself, "Who walks that slow?"). I think he had a feeling about the school.
The present day detectives sped off as soon as they got the directions that they wanted.

-Cohle told Gilbough and Papania that all he had to do was spend 10 minutes with someone to know if they were guilty or not. I think the scene where he says that is in the same episode (and close in time, show-wise) to when Martin pulls him away from talking to Errol in '95. If he had only had a little more time with Errol it all could have been different.

-Marty's kids have been abused by(EDIT: at least exposed to) the cult. How do I know this?
As /u/skimnc posted, look at the similarities between what one of Marty's daughters drew on the third image, and the face in the fourth image. Why would Marty's kid draw this if she wasnt connected to the cult in some way?
Marty's kids are seen depicting a rape scene by themselves in their room. Why would two 6-8 yo kids be doing this on a detective show involving child abuse cults if it was just happenstance?
As you said, right as Marty walks into the room, you overhear them talking about some girl's parents dying in a 'car accident' in relation to the rape scene. This could imply other victims were being threatened by the cult to keep quiet
We know Dora was raped, killed, put on display in the same ritualistic fashion, and publicly discussed in the media with the complicit approval of the cult. We also know after tonight's episode that the cult has no issues with killing these children publicly to silence other victims. This could imply they were sending a message to the others to keep quiet: if you talk, we will kill you. (Note how other body's with the same ritualistic marks were never made a big public deal, only Dora's body did)
An overarching theme of the show is detective's curse. Marty has been EXPLICITLY told by his wife (right after she found out he was cheating for the second time) that he is completely oblivious to his family. When he sits down for dinner his daughters scoff and leave the room and Maggie chastises him. This could imply that his own children will have been victims of his investigation under his noise, all because of his hubris of being an egomaniac.
This explains the sexual deviation of his eldest daughter at such an early age.
As /u/mani_mani_statue posted, one of his daughter's paintings in 2012 has images depicting black stars and a yellow crown.
This and this show the painting above Maggie's bed is the same as the mural in the hospital where the victims stayed. Maybe Maggie had the girls paint a mural for the hospital and Marty was oblivious to it, and that's where Marty's kids were exposed to the cult.
I'm looking around for more connections but this is tying in so many loose ends. I think what this adds up to is that Marty's children attended one of Tuttle's schools or gone to the hospital or something but because Marty was so self-absorbed with his investigation, he never even knew about it. His biggest flaw was never paying attention to his family, and he will be punished for it by missing the chance to make this connection early on when he could have simply known had he talked to Maggie about his children's lives.

-It's interesting how much havoc Marty has caused. Shooting Ledux, calling Cohle away from the lawn mower man when he almost had him, his cheating lead to his wife seducing Cohle and wrecking their friendship Cohle losing job, etc. If you tally Marty's F ups it's nothing short of breath taking.

Belle découverte cette série, j'ai bouclé ça en 2 jours erf. A mon avis l'attrait tient plus aux acteurs (Woody Harelson excellent avec cette manière de parler si particulière, impossible à transcrire en vf imo) et à l'ambiance folle (dialogues et musique) qu'au scénario qui sur la fin de l'ep7 semble se réduire à peau de chagrin. Qqu'un sait si le dernier ep dure plus longtemps ?

Belle découverte cette série, j'ai bouclé ça en 2 jours erf. A mon avis l'attrait tient plus aux acteurs (Woody Harelson excellent avec cette manière de parler si particulière, impossible à transcrire en vf imo) et à l'ambiance folle (dialogues et musique) qu'au scénario qui sur la fin de l'ep7 semble se réduire à peau de chagrin. Qqu'un sait si le dernier ep dure plus longtemps ?

Aucune idée mais la fin s'annonce quand même nerveuse et apocalyptique.

http://youtu.be/vPUbQJwTiPo

veut pas voir le dernier trailer, mais pour ta question ipromizeUhell

elle va voir rust, pq qd marty est allé la voir, ca faisait penser à un reglement de tt solde et je les vois bien partir pour une derniere "croisade" qui pourrait les amener en taule ou sous terre. Surtout marty en fait, en repensant à son discours sur l'homme de famille, responsable blablabla et l'ecart abyssal avec sa situation actuelle, il doit pas trop aimé sa vie. elle a d u le sentir et mine de rien meme si elle vit plus avec lui il y a tjs un lien

Edited by billy_thefit

Aucune idée mais la fin s'annonce quand même nerveuse et apocalyptique.

http://youtu.be/vPUbQJwTiPo

Mysterious guest who stands so silent 

You mock our request with your garish raiment 

Take off your mask and speak your name 

Do as we ask and we shall do the same

[Camilla and Cassilda unmask]

Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.

Stranger: Indeed?

Cassilda: Indeed it's time. We all have laid aside disguise but you.

Stranger: I wear no mask.

Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

[...]

Along the shore the cloud waves break, 

The twin suns sink beneath the lake, 

The shadows lengthen 

In Carcosa.

Strange is the night where black stars rise, 

And strange moons circle through the skies 

But stranger still is 

Lost Carcosa.

Songs that the Hyades shall sing, 

Where flap the tatters of the King, 

Must die unheard in 

Dim Carcosa.

Song of my soul, my voice is dead; 

Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed 

Shall dry and die in 

Lost Carcosa.

http://www.aggh.org/poetry/poems/38/The_King_in_Yellow/

Il semblerait que HBO ait crush pour le final episode.

http://fansided.com/2014/03/09/true-detective-season-finale-hbo-go-live-stream-servers-crash/#!y87J6

1394419366935.cached.jpg

Edited by IpromizUHell

Bon...

Un peu décu si ca s'arrete vraiment lá. 

Conclusion manichéenne et sans surprises. . 

Fin classique mais bcp de porte ouverte pour la S2

S'il y a une S2 ça sera avec une histoire différente et avec des acteurs différents visiblement.

Un peu déçu aussi vu que la barre était haute, un peu trop happy end, il manque quelque chose et la réflexion de Rust sur son EMI est pas assez poussée.

je classe définitivement cette série dans mon top favoris avec BB, House of cards, Hannibal et GOT.

Si vous ne connaissez pas, un excellent lien très complet pour download des séries (no torrent) en VO (avec notamment l'intégralité de la saison 2 de House of cards):

http://watchseries.lt/

pour les sous-titres: http://www.opensubtitles.org/ ou http://www.subtitles4free.org/

une fois dans le labyrinthe, qd childress attirait rust, je sentais venir une fin à la twin peaks avec un transfert de l"esprit" dans rust.

GG rust pour arriver à foutre 3coups de boule à 30 cm du sol et un couteau ds le bide. solid! par contre, je suis pas sûr que ce soit une bonne idée de retirer le couteau par rapport à l'hemorragie

Fin convenue en effet. Et assez irréaliste : l'un prend un couteau bien profond, se fait soulever avec, l'autre se prend une hache en plein thorax wtf ! Quelques heures après, sans avoir été appelés, les mecs débarquent et happy end. J'avais espéré bien mieux, mais la série reste quand même dans le top de mes séries préférées.